Stop, turn, and tail light
Figure 4-34. Lights and wiring harness, exploded view.
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Wipe cable and wiring harness with a clean,
(1) Install lights and wiring harness as shown in
dry cloth. Clean light assemblies with a damp cloth.
figure 4-34. Route the cables inside the right side of the
(2) Inspect light assemblies for dented or
chassis frame, and fasten securely with clamps (4 and
damaged housings and cracked or broken lenses.
Replace the complete light assembly if any part of it is
(2) After installation, recheck the tightness of all
damaged, since individual replacement parts are not
connectors, and check the operation of the lights by
connecting the chassis to the system of a towing
(3) Inspect cable and wiring harness for broken
wires and worn or damaged insulation.
4-56. Chassis Miscellaneous Parts
emergency, worn insulation can be repaired by wrapping
the damaged spot with several layers of electrical
insulating tape (MIL-T-50886).
(1) Remove the cotter pin (1, fig. 4-35)
(4) Inspect cable-to-harness and harness-to-
castellated nut (2), and flat washer (3). Pull the tow bar
light assembly connectors. Clean corroded or dirty
(4) from the front of the chassis frame (5).
terminals with fine sandpaper or scrape them with a
(2) Remove the cap screws (6), nuts (7), and
lock washers (8) that secure the reflectors (9 and 10) to
the chassis frame; remove the reflectors.