Figure 4-35. Chassis frame miscellaneous parts.
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean the tow bar with a cloth dampened
with dry cleaning solvent (fed. spec. P-D-680).
(2) Wipe the reflectors with a damp cloth.
Clean all parts in a well-ventilated
(3) Inspect the eye of the tow bar for wear or
area. Avoid inhalation of solvent
distortion. Replace a damaged or weakened tow bar.
(4) Inspect reflectors for cracks, loss of
fumes and prolonged exposure of
reflective characteristics, and damage. Replace any
skin to cleaning solvent.
that are damaged.
exposed skin thoroughly.
cleaning solvent (fed. spec. P-D-680)
(1) At installation, apply a light coat of grease to
used to clean parts is potentially
the shaft of tow bar (4, fig. 4-35).
(2) When installing reflectors (9 and 10), place
property. Do not use near open
amber ones at the front and red ones at the rear.
flame or excessive heat. Flash point
of solvent is 100° to 138°F (38° to