b. Cleaning and Inspection.
--. Reassembly and Installation.
(1) Clean all parts in an approved cleaning solvent;
(1) Refer to figure 3-9 and reassemble the muffler
and exhaust primer.
(2) Inspect all parts for cracks, breaks, or other
(2) Refer to figure 3-8 and install the muffler and
damage. Replace damaged parts.
Section VI. FUEL SYSTEM
(2) Inspect fuel tank for cracks, breaks, leaking,
and other damage. Repair or replace damaged
The fuel system, which consists of the fuel tank,
shutoff cock, and fuel hose, supplies fuel to the engine
fuel filter. Fuel is drawn up from the skid-base-
mounted fuel tank by the fuel pump on the engine.
(3) Inspect the fuel hose for cracks, deterioration,
kinks, restrictions, and other damage.
3-18. FUEL TANK, LINES, AND FITTINGS
(4) Inspect all fuel fittings for cracks, damaged
a . Removal and Disassembly. Refer to figure 3-10
threads, and other damage. Replace damaged
and remove and disassemble the fuel tank lines and
--. Cleaning and Inspection.
c. Reassemble and Installation. Refer to figure 3-10,
(1) Clean all parts with an approved cleaning solvent;
and reassemble and install the fuel tank, lines, and
Section VII. REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION OF MAJOR COMPONENTS
Note. This procedure is intended for use when it is
This section provides information for removing the
necessary to remove the pump for replace-
pump and engine from, and installing them on, the
ment purposes only. When overhauling the
Figure 3-11. Pump, removal and installation.