5-4. Discharge Manifold, Elbow, and Check Valve
discharge manifold, elbow, and check valve.
a. Removal. Refer to figure 5-2, and remove the
b. Installation. Refer to figure 5-2, and install the
check valve, elbow, and discharge manifold.
Figure 5-2. Discharge manifold elbow and check valve. removal and installation.
a. General. The pump is directly coupled to the
(1) Remove engine cover.
engine and the pump impeller is driven by a spliced
(2) Remove fuel line (fig. 4-1).
shaft and a coupling bolted to the engine flywheel.
(3) Remove tachometer-hourmeter cable and
When removing the pump or engine, either pump or
clip (fig. 4-4).
engine may be removed from the trailer frame as a
(4) Remove engine oil pressure lines.
(5) Remove throttle control line, (fig. 4-3).
(6) Remove starting switch electric cable (fig.