3. Replace gaskets.
4. Inspect all threads for damage. Rechase threads or replace as necessary.
1. Install the sixteen studs (17), four studs (27), priming plug (12), and drain plug (29) on the volute casing (28).
2. Install gasket (16), discharge flange (15), eight nuts (14), and discharge elbow (13). Tighten securely.
3. Install the wear plate (18) and secure the two lock washers (11) and nuts (10).
4. Install the check valve assembly (4) and the suction adapter (3), secure with four nuts (2) to the volute casing (28).
CAUTION: When tightening suction flange, be sure the gasket is properly aligned with no sagging. Check flapper
for free operation.
1. Position gasket (24) on the volute casing (28).
2. Aline the volute casing (28) against the intermediate housing (31) carefully. Do not damage the gasket (24), impeller
(19). or studs (17).
3. Secure the volute casing to the intermediate housing with eight nuts (44).
CAUTION: When tightening the first two nuts, rotate the impeller shaft to deter-mine the possibility of the impeller
rubbing on wear plate. With all nuts tight, clearance between impeller face and wear plate face should be approx.
.008 - .015 inches. If rubbing occurs, two housing gaskets (24) will be required and addition-al shims (20) must be
added between impeller (19) and sleeve (26) to get proper clearance (.008-.015) between impeller face and wear
4. Install the engine and pump assembly (para. 3-18).