Figure 2-22. Pump coupling, exploded view
(3) Remove the setscrew (3) that secures
not use near open flame or excessive heat.
the coupling half (7) to the impeller shaft; remove the
Flash point of solvent is 100 to 138 F (38 to
coupling half and key.
(4) Remove the lock wire (4) and the
Cleaning and Inspection.
retaining ring (5) that secure the collar (6) to the
coupling half; remove the collar.
(1) Clean the six cushions by wiping them
with a clean, dry cloth.
(5) Remove the cap screws (8) and lock
washers (9) that secure the drive plate (12) to the
(2) Wash all remaining parts with cleaning
engine flywheel; remove the assembled coupling half
solvent (Fed. spec P-D-680); dry thoroughly.
(13) and drive plate.
Inspect the cushions for cracks, wear,
(6) Remove the cap screws (10) and lock
and deterioration; replace damaged
washers (11) that secure the coupling half (13) to the
drive plate (12); remove the coupling half.
(4) Inspect the coupling halves for cracks,
worn teeth, worn bores, damaged threads, and other
damage; replace damaged coupling halves.
Clean all parts in a well-ventilated area.
Avoid inhalation of solvent fumes and
(5) Inspect the drive plate for cracks,
prolonged exposure of skin to cleaning
distortion, and worn mounting holes; replace a damaged
solvent. Wash ex posed skin thoroughly.
Dry cleaning solvent (fed. spec. P-D-680)
(6) Inspect all other parts for cracks,
used to clean parts is potentially
distortion and other damage; replace damaged parts.
dangerous to personnel and property. Do