4-19. VALVE, 4.00 INCH GATE.
This Task Covers:
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's (Appendix B, Item 1)
Brush, Medium Bristle (Appendix E, Item 2)
Solvent, Dry Cleaning (Appendix E, Item 3)
Cloth, Lint-Free (Appendix E, Item 1)
Packing (Appendix C, Item 6)
Gasket, Bonnet (Appendix F, Figure 10, Item 15)
Washer, Lock (Appendix F, Figure 10, Item 8)
Assembly removed from FSSP installation.
Repair. (Refer to Figure 4-10.)
Repair is limited to replacement of parts found defective during inspection.
(1) Remove wheel nut (1) and handwheel (2).
(2) Remove packing nut (3), packing spring (4), packing gland (5), and packing (6) from bonnet (7). Discard
(3) Remove eight nuts (7), eight lock washers (8), and eight screws (9). Discard lock washers (8).
(4) Remove bonnet (10) and bonnet gasket (11) from gate valve as sembly (12). Discard bonnet gasket (11).
(1) Remove all build up of dirt, oil, and debris from all mating surfaces and clamping areas.
DO NOT breath dry cleaning solvent vapors for long periods of time or allow
solvent to come into contact with skin for an extended time. DO NOT use solvent
near open flames or excessive heat.