(1) Inspect all metal parts for cracks, corrosion, or broken fittings.
(2) Examine all coupling half gaskets for cracks, tears, or nicks.
(3) Check for smooth operation of handle on butterfly valve.
(1) Install split ring (8) onto male coupling half (3).
(2) Apply sealing compound (Appendix C, Item 44) to all external threads and install female coupling half (6) and
male coupling half (3) into butterfly valve (7).
(3) Install gasket (5) and quick disconnect plug (4) onto female coupling half (6).
(4) Install gasket (2) and quick disconnect cap (1) onto male coupling half (3).
4-26/ (4-27 Blank)