4-13. VALVE ASSEMBLY, BUTTERFLY, 4.00 INCH.
This Task Covers:
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's (Appendix B, Item 1)
Wrench, Chain (2 Each) (Appendix C, Item 40)
Brush, Medium Bristle (Appendix E, Item 2)
Solvent, Dry Cleaning (Appendix E, Item 3)
Cloth, Lint-Free (Appendix E, Item 1)
Sealing Compound (Appendix C, Item 44)
Assembly removed from FSSP installation.
Repair. (Refer to Figure 4-4.)
Repair is limited to replacement of parts found defective during inspection.
(1) Remove quick disconnect cap (1) and gasket (2) from male coupling half (3).
(2) Remove quick disconnect plug (4) and gasket (5) from female coupling half (6).
(3) Remove male coupling half (3) and female coupling half (6) from butterfly valve (7).
(4) Remove split ring (8) from male coupling half (3).
(1) Remove all build up of dirt, oil, and debris from all mating surfaces and clamping areas.
DO NOT breath dry cleaning solvent vapors for long periods of time or allow
solvent to come into contact with skin for an extended time. DO NOT use solvent
near open flames or excessive heat.
(2) Clean all metallic parts with a clean soft cloth (Appendix E, Item 1) or a medium bristle brush (Appendix E, Item
2), and cleaning solvent (Appendix E, Item 3).
(3) Allow parts to dry.