This Task Covers:
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's (Appendix B, Item 1)
Brush, Medium Bristle (Appendix E, Item 2)
Solvent, Dry Cleaning (Appendix E, Item 3)
Cloth, Lint-Free (Appendix E, Item 1)
Assembly removed from FSSP installation.
In addition to the other components listed in the previous chapters and paragraphs of this technical manual, there are a
number of various miscellaneous fittings and components which are furnished with the FSSP. The following general
maintenance procedures are to be used to verify that these additional miscellaneous components are in proper working
(1) Remove all build up of dirt, oil, and debris from all mating surfaces and clamping areas.
DO NOT breath dry cleaning solvent vapors for long periods of time or allow
solvent to come into contact with skin for an extended time. DO NOT use solvent
near open flames or excessive heat.
(2) Clean all metallic parts with a clean soft cloth (Appendix E, Item 1) or a medium bristle brush (Appendix E, Item
2), and cleaning solvent (Appendix E, Item 3).
(3) Allow parts to dry.
(1) Inspect all metal parts for cracks, corrosion, or broken fittings.
(2) Examine all coupling half gaskets for cracks, tears, or nicks.
(3) Check that all assemblies function as required.