(1) Inspect all metal parts for cracks, corrosion, or broken fittings.
(2) Examine all coupling half gaskets for cracks, tears, or nicks.
(3) Check that lever operates smoothly.
(4) Inspect ground wire clamp assembly for frayed ground wire and for bent or inoperative grounding clamps.
(1) Install ground wire assembly (5) into nozzle (4).
(2) Apply sealing compound (Appendix C, Item 44) to all external threads and install coupling half (3) into nozzle
(3) Install gasket (2) and quick disconnect plug (1) into coupling half (3).