TO LOCATE REPAIR PARTS.
a. When National Stock Number or Part Number is NOT Known.
(1) First. Using the table of contents, determine the assembly group or subassembly group to
which the item belongs. This is necessary since figures are prepared for assembly groups and subassembly
groups, and listings are divided into the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the figure covering the assembly group or subassembly group to which the
(3) Third. Identify the item on the figure and note the item number.
(4) Fourth. Refer to the Repair Parts List for the figure to find the part number for the item number
noted on the figure.
(5) Fifth. Refer to the Part Number Index to find the NSN, if assigned.
b. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Known.
(1) First. Using the Index of National Stock Numbers and Part Numbers, find the pertinent Na-
tional Stock Number or Part Number. The NSN index is in National item Identification Number (NIIN) se-
quence (see c-4a.(1)). The part numbers in the Part Number index are listed in ascending alphanumeric se-
quence (see paragraph c-4.b). Both indexes cross-reference you to the illustration figure and item number
of the item you are looking for.
(2) Second. After finding the figure and item number, verify that the item is the one you are look-
ing for, then locate the item number in the repair parts list for the figure.
ABBREVIATIONS. Abbreviations used in this manual are listed in MlL-STD-12.