rotation. It should turn freely without binding or
pump, it is more easily disassembled while
scraping. Repair or replace pump if necessary.
mounted on and connected to the engine (par.
(1) Refer to figure 3-11 and install the pump.
(2) Install the control panel (par. 3- 12).
(1) Remove the control panel (par. 3-12).
(2) Refer to figure 3-11 and remove the pump from
the skid and engine,
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
( 1 ) Remove the pump (par. 3-20).
Clean the exterior of the pump with a cloth
dampened with an approved cleaning solvent;
(2) Remove battery cable from
plus (+) terminal, discon-
nect fuel line at the fuel
Inspect the pump for cracks, broken castings,
damaged fittings and threads, and other damage.
Manually turn the pump shaft to check for free
(3) Refer to figure 3-12 and
remove the engine.
(1) Refer to figure 3-12 and
install the engine.
(2) Reconnect the fuel line
and plus (+) battery cable.
(3) Install the pump (par. 3-
Figure 3-12. Engine, removal and installation.