Table 2-1. Troubleshooting - Continued
TEST OR INSPECTION
Figure 2-13. Magneto-to-spark plug connections.
(13) Remove the magneto from the vise. Turn the magneto drive lugs of the impulse coupling counterclockwise about one
quarter turn so that the lugs will mash with the drive members of the governor drive gear. Position the magneto (13 fig.
9) gaskets (14) and spacer (14), on the engine with the magneto lugs engaged. Install screw (5), lockwashers (6),
flatwasher (7) and ground lead (8). Tighten mounting screw modestly. Install and connect the spark plug cables to the
magneto end cap.
(14) Start the engine and idle at 600 rpm. If the engine fails to start, it is probably due to faulty ignition, timing. Recheck
timing as directed in paragraph (9).
(15) With the engine running at 600 rpm, use a timing light connected to the rear spark plug and check that the IGN-M
indication on the flywheel is aligned with the timing pointer. If it is not exactly alined, loosen the magneto mounting
hardware slightly and rotate the magneto slightly until the correct Indication is attained. Tighten the mounting hardware
(16) Refer to Step 1, para a through g and adjust the governor.
6. PUMP RUNS WITH NO DISCHARGE OR WITH LOW PRESSURE
Step 1. Check for a broken, worn, or damaged impeller.
a. Use a hoist or other lifting devices to support the weight of the pump (1, fig. 2-14). Remove nuts (2), lockwashers (3) and screws
(4) that secure the pump to the chassis frame.