4-14. Quick-Acting Valve.
This task covers:
Wrench, Strap, contained in Section III, Item 3,
Inspected, paragraph 2-3
Disconnected and removed from fuel system
Wrench, Pipe, 18-in., contained in Section III.
Item 3, Appendix B
General Mechanics Tool Kit, Section III, Item 2,
Sealing Compound, Item 3, Appendix E
a. Replace. Replace an unserviceable quick-acting valve with a new item from stock.
b. Repair. (figure 4-3) Repair a serviceable valve by replacing any defective part or by replacing gaskets as
(1) Remove quick disconnect plug (1) and dust cap (2).
(2) Remove gasket (3) from coupling half (4) and discard.
(3) Remove coupling half (4) and coupling half (5) from ball valve (6) by unscrewing. Remove old sealing
compound from coupling halves and ball valve.
(4) Install coupling halves (4 and 5) in ball valve (6), using sealing compound (MIL-S-7916) on threads.
(5) Install new gasket (3) in coupling half (4).