(4) Engine air intake baffle. This baffle combines with the enclosures to direct air to the air cleaner and the
flywheel fan. Additionally, during cold weather starting procedures, this baffle encloses a space that is warmed by the
engine intake heater.
(5) Intervehicle power cable electrical plug connector. This electrical connector Is used during pump assembly
operation in cold weather. It allows the pump assembly to the be connected to the 24 volt DC electrical systems of Army
vehicles. Pump assembly has two internal electric heaters that are used during cold weather starting of the pump
assembly. The intake air heater warms air coming Into the enclosure and the engine intake air. The engine oil Is
warmed by an immersion heater Installed Into the side of the engine facing the sound enclosure rear panel assembly.
Controls and Indicators for the two heaters are mounted on the sound enclosure front panel assembly. This electrical
connector meets the requirements of MS52131 and has an attached dust cover to prevent damage and contamination
when connector Is not In use.
(6) Intake air heater. This 400 watt finned heater runs on 24 volts DC supplied from the intervehicle power cable
electrical plug connector. The heater mounts on the pump frame.
(7) Immersion heater. This 75 watt Immersion heater runs on 24 volts DC supplied from the intervehicle power
cable electrical plug connector. The engine has accommodations for an oil dipstick to be mounted on either side of the
engine. This heater threads into the unused oil dipstick location on the engine crankcase facing the sound enclosure rear
(8) Pump frame. The pump frame provides mounting points for the sound enclosures, pump and motor assembly,
air intake heater, ground rod attachment, etc It rigidly supports all components of the pump assembly and provides 4
folding handles to allow 4 soldiers to move the pump assembly as required.
(9) Pump suction connection. The connection to the suction side of the centrifugal pump is made through a 1.5
inch nominal ID female quick disconnect meeting the requirements of MS27024-9, Class 1. Installed in this fitting is an
internal gasket meeting the requirements of MS27030-5. When pump assembly is not in use, a male quick disconnect
dust plug, meeting the requirements of MS27029-9, Class 1, is installed to protect the centrifugal pump from
(10) Pump discharge connection The connection to the discharge side of the centrifugal pump is made through a
1.5 inch nominal ID male quick disconnect. When pump assembly is not in use, a female quick disconnect dust cap,
meeting the requirements of MS27028-9, Class 1, is installed to protect the centrifugal pump from contamination. During
pumping unit set up, the pump discharge connection is also used to prime the pump with the liquid to be pumped.
Installed in this female quick disconnect is an internal gasket meeting the requirements of MS27030-5.
(11) Diesel engine. Four-stroke, vertical cylinder, air-cooled diesel. Provides power necessary to drive the pump.
Diesel engine is attached to the engine mounting plate. The engine mounting plate Is attached to the pump frame using
rubberized shock mounts to reduce noise and vibration during pump assembly operation. A grounding strap electrically
connects the engine (and the attached centrifugal pump) to the frame. During pump assembly operation, a ground rod is
attached to the frame to prevent static electricity buildup.
(12) Centrifugal pump. Continuous duty, self-priming, 50 GPM at 100 feet of head. This pump incorporates a
check valve on its suction side. The centrifugal pump is mounted to the diesel engine and is keyed to the engine's output
(13) Spark arrestor. This baffle assembly suppresses engine exhaust sparks. The spark arrestor is mounted on
c. Storage Chest 1 and Related Pump Accessories (See Figure 1-3).
(1) Storage Chest 1 Bottom (one each)
(2) Storage Chest 1 Top (one each)
(3) Storage Chest 1 Information Plate (one each)
(4) Discharge Hose Assembly (two each)