This task covers:
Riveter, Hand, Blind (Appendix B, Section Ill, Item 3)
Engine assembly removed (para. 4-19).
Tool Kit Comnon No. 1 (Appendix B, Section III,
Rivets (Item x)
a. Disassembly. (figure 5-3)
(1) Drill out eight rivets (1) and remove identification plate (2) and warning plate (3).
(2) Remove ground cable clamp (4) by loosening two screws (5) and separating ciamp (4) from frame (6).
(1) Straighten any misalignment or bends in the frame (6).
(2) If structural frame members or welded joints are cracked or broken, refer to higher level of maintenance.
(1) Install identification plate (2) and warning plate (3) with eight rivets (1).
(2) Install ground cable clamp (4) by slipping loosened clamp halves (4) over frame (6), aligning clamp and
tightening two screws (5).
FOLLOW ON MAINTENANCE
Install engine assemby (para. 4-19).
5 - 6