(11) Drive ground rod (6) into ground until coupling (7) is approximately 1 foot (30.48 cm) above sutiace.
(12) Remove drive stud (3) and coupling (7).
(13) Install clamp (8) on ground rod (6) and install cable (9) between clamp (8) and ground rod (6) and
tighten screw (10).
(14) Install cable (9) in clamp (11) and tighten screw (12).
e. Priming. Time the pump (refer to figure 2-3).
(1) Remove priming plug (1) from pump housing (2).
(2) Fill pump housing (2) with fluid being pumped. Fill until fluid reaches inlet (3) and outlet (4) ports.
(3) Install priming plug (1).
2-10. Starting the Gasoline Engine.
Be sure the pump assembly is properly grounded (para. 2-9d.) before starting the
Do not operate the pump assembly without first priming the pump (para. 2-9e)o
a. Prepare the equipment for operation (para. 2-9).
b. Open any valves in the suction and discharge lines.
c. Statt the gasoline engine (refer to figure 2-4).
(1) Open fuel control valve (1).
(2) Place ignition switch (2) in RUN position.
(3) Choke cold engine.
If the engine runs more than 2 minutes without pumping after the initial start, stop the
engine and refer to the troubleshooting procedure in Chapter 3.
(4) Pull starting rope (3) to start engine.
(5) Loosen knob (4) and set throttle control (5) to desired speed and tighten knob (4).