b . T e s t i n g.
(1) Upon completion of repair to a sling assembly it must be load tested at 6,000 pounds (2,700 Kg).
(2) Test loads may be a calibrated load indicator, a calibrated dynamometer, weights that maybe locally
fabricated, or any available item of proper weight.
(3) All load testing devices, such as a load indicator or dynamometer, shall have a valid calibration label
affixed in a noticeable place.
(4) All locally fabricated weights and available items used for load testing must be verified for proper weight
by the use of a calibrated scale.
W A R N I NG
Stand clear of load being lifted in case of failure to lift sling or lift device.
(5) Load test assembly by lifting a 6,000 pound (2,700 kg) weight.
(6) Upon successful completion of a load test, sling assembly will be assigned a load rating of 100 percent.
(7) The load rating shall become a part of the maintenance records of the equipment and entered in
accordance with DA PAM 738-750, The Army Maintenance Management System (TAMMS)